[GUIDE] What about Nomads ?

• Hello everyone, Adeuxline here,

EDIT : This guide is outdated, but feel free to ask anything in this thread.

Here will be my first guide, to avoid everyone to avoid ressources trying to spy or beat Nomads. They is a lot of ressources to earn here, if you understand how it goes.

Restrictions

Pay attention that you have maximum 5 tries a day to beat Nomads. After that, you will have to buy more tries with gems (10, 20, 40, etc).

Save your spies

As said in the Beginner's Tips post,

When spying a new target, start off by sending one Beduin. If he survives, you can spy again sending more beduins to extract more information. If your first Beduin perishes, then you should abort the plan, because won't be able to spy at all.

It means you have to upgrade tour Espionage level first. I tried to complete the table below with my own experiments, fell free to comment and I will update it.

Upgrade your Espionage level

As soon as you will have your Espionage level 15, you will have access to the Battle Simulator. So this is the end of losing units for nothing ! Let's calculate !

Focus Papyrus

Always try to find the papyrus spot. You will miss it a lot, and you will probably miss units, so this is better to find some on Nomads. Spy first !

Data

Here is a tab to help you to see everything better.

Maximum ressources means what you can find for each, not everything in the same time.

For Nomads 3, it seems to be around 1 million ressources if clay = 1, granite = 2 and papyrus = 4.

Skin Requirements Spy Fight Max ressources
    Nomads 1 tile012.png
    Nomads 2 tile020.png
    250 spearmen
    Nomads 3 tile022.png
    Barter 5 Espionage 9-10 1150 spearmen
    50 healers
    Nomads 4 tile024.png
    Measurement 20 Espionage 20 3.000.000
    Nomads 5 tile026.png
    Glassmaking 1 Espionage 25 6.000.000
    Nomads 6 tile028.png
    Glassmaking 17 Espionage 30 12.000.000
    Nomads 7 tile030.png
    Mummification 1 Espionage 35 25.000.000
    Nomads 8 tile032.png
    Alchemy 1 Espionage 35 42.000.000
    Nomads 9 tile034.png
    Zodiac 1

I hope it helps.

Adeuxline

• I've tried spying on level 4's and got nothing back back but death, lol. I have level 20 measurement and level 20 espionage but still nothing. Also can you elaborate on the resource statement? Is this what you can get or have to have in order to spy?

• I've tried spying on level 4's and got nothing back back but death, lol. I have level 20 measurement and level 20 espionage but still nothing. Also can you elaborate on the resource statement? Is this what you can get or have to have in order to spy?

Hello !

How did you spy them ? With how many bedouins ? Try with one first and tell me the result.

About the resources, this is the amount you can find on them. When you're attacking (nomad or player), you're taking 40% of the resources. So if there is 1.000.000, you can take 400.000 . You will be able to take more with the Zodiac researche, further in the game.

1.000.000 resources, what does it mean ? I decided to count that way: clay = 1, granite = 2 and papyrus = 4. So 1.000.000 can mean :

• 1 000 000 clay
    • 500 000 granite
    • 250 000 papyrus

I hope it helps.

Adeuxline

• Sorry it took me a while to get back.

I did try with one and do often, 85 to 90% of the time I only get a resource total and no troop total

then added one at each retry.

With some I was finally able to get through, going as high as 7 Bedouins. But for the most part, I'm still only able to break through on 10 to 15% of my spy missions, (is that a part of the game).

Yet, I'm still getting some spies killed.

• I went back today and took my time. It took an average of 4 spies to get resource and troop information together. On the ones which it took 5 spies, there was 2 Anubis Warriors at each, although the other troops matched pretty well.

Thank you Adeuxline, just hanging with me and walking me through was a major...

I give you 5 stars

Knubian

• Will sending Nubian Traders (in addition to military units) allow greater quantity of goods to be returned? Those traders can carry 6.5 times the amount that Hyksos Spearman can carry...

• Scottie - yes, send traders with troops when you attack nomads (always spy first). Get level 15 espionage and unlock simulator, it will help you maximize resource returns. Also, if you have not already joined a tribe, do so. Find one with experienced leaders/players and they can help guide you. Usually tribes will have a post thread with information like this easily available, it may be down a bit so you might have to look at older posts.