Nomads Hoarding RSS

• OK what gives with the nomads lately? Seems like the past few weeks either they have little resources to offer or they are loaded with Anubis. Not doing much for me wanting to continue with the game. It's not like I am getting any benefits form it and now no resources. Make me want to stay...:thumbdown:X(:/:rolleyes:8|:(

Here in the quiet valley, you will escape the heat of the dog star.

• The decreasing resources in the Nomad camps have been going on slowly for the last few months. The people who run this game are seeing a decrease in the number of players and those spending cash on this game so they use every trick they know to get the remaining players to increase their spending. By decreasing the available resources in the Nomad camps they hope that there will be more people who will buy extra raids to make up for the poor resources. It now takes 50-60 spy missions on the Nomad camps just to find 4 or 5 with halfway decent resources and that causes people to use more wheat. They never wanted long-term players for this game which is why they have new servers every 2 months to get the gullible new players to switch and spend money.

• The decreasing resources in the Nomad camps have been going on slowly for the last few months. The people who run this game are seeing a decrease in the number of players and those spending cash on this game so they use every trick they know to get the remaining players to increase their spending. By decreasing the available resources in the Nomad camps they hope that there will be more people who will buy extra raids to make up for the poor resources. It now takes 50-60 spy missions on the Nomad camps just to find 4 or 5 with halfway decent resources and that causes people to use more wheat. They never wanted long-term players for this game which is why they have new servers every 2 months to get the gullible new players to switch and spend money.

I came to the same conclusion, but I really wanted to get it out there and see if anyone else was feeling the pinch. I spend, but I am not seeing any reward for my support. Instead I get less rss and new servers to drag players away. Starting to rethink things. And thanks for the response, much appreciated.

• So, I am curious to see what this round of nomad hunting goes. Later last night I decided to return and do some runs and lo and behold found that things were back to normal. I am hoping this is a trend. Otherwise really what is the point anymore?:rolleyes::huh:

• So, I am curious to see what this round of nomad hunting goes. Later last night I decided to return and do some runs and lo and behold found that things were back to normal. I am hoping this is a trend. Otherwise really what is the point anymore?:rolleyes::huh:

Unfortunately they're still bad as ever on my end, hopefully it'll change though? you're very right that the nomads have just been absolutely horrific lately. I know the devs have responded before to claims that they're altering the resources available in nomads, and maintained that they aren't messing around with it, but I wonder if it would make sense to actually boost it some, or reduce the difficulty?

My army's been growing constantly, and I still can't seem to hit 95% of L8s-- which I used to be able to do easily, so I'm not sure how that's possible. If any devs are are reading this, I would strongly recommend some actual improvements to the high-level nomads- it's reaching the point that it's virtually impossible to advance, because I need scorpion kings to start effectively hitting nomads again, but I've literally been working on the last couple levels of mineralogy for actual months. I'm almost there now, I have most of what I need for L30, but quite frankly I expect many people will just stop playing when they find that all that's left to the game at this point is weeks or months of hoping to find one or two decent nomads every couple of days so they can keep crawling towards the last little shreds of actual new content in the late game.

Quite frankly, as the game is currently designed, it doesn't feel like you guys want people to keep playing long-term on a server, because there's effectively no late-game content, and the little bit there is takes absolute ages to get. I imagine the business model might just be to encourage players to move on to new servers when they open up in order to spend more money trying to come out on top on the new server, which is... fine, I guess, but for those of us who are interested in actually playing long-term, it's quite a turn-off.

• Well my luck didn't hold. I spied more than 50 nomads and there are 5 potentially good hits. Three were impossible to hit due to massive amount of Anubis and two I am going lose a few Ra, but at this point what can I do? I need the rss. I am in the same Boat Fergus. One level away from Scorpions. And it has been months saving. I don't mind that part of it. Ironically I like that, I get a lot of satisfaction of completing a goal. But so much resistance lately, doesn't seem worth the effort. And I spend here, but if it persists I am gone.

• The Nomad camps will continue to be crap and the developers have no intention of doing anything about it. Just to answer Lover of the Aton, the quests continue but the rewards are not worth it in the later stages. I refuse to spend the resources to increase my Sundisk Mansion to level 12 when the percentage of Luck stops at level 10. No benefits, no level increase. I choose to spend those resources where they will do me the most good. I make more from my cities than the rewards for the quest. LOL

• Guys with regard to the Kenbet, I need clarification. Does it only affect the wheat while troops are moving? Or does it help reduce the wheat used while they are in the city?

I was told to increase it because it will help reduce what my troops need to sustain.:) Thanks guys!

• This is in our radar and although I cannot promise a quick fix yet we are going to be working on this. We do care about long term play, otherwise we would not have designed the quests to keep going at +150M points, even if they are not to everyone's liking.

On the wheat consumption question, note that the Kenbet bonus only applies to wheat costs incurred in travel. Upkeep costs while they are stationary in a city cannot currently be decreased (unless you dismiss the units themselves).

• Maybe you geniuses should change the description in the Kenbet since it only states a wheat decrease for units and says nothing about travel. Since your last promise in February about decreasing the strength and stamina in Nomad level 9 camps turned out to be a lie, I won't hold my breath that you are going to follow thru with your current statements.