Posts by FergusM

So, I am curious to see what this round of nomad hunting goes. Later last night I decided to return and do some runs and lo and behold found that things were back to normal. I am hoping this is a trend. Otherwise really what is the point anymore?:rolleyes::huh:

Unfortunately they're still bad as ever on my end, hopefully it'll change though? you're very right that the nomads have just been absolutely horrific lately. I know the devs have responded before to claims that they're altering the resources available in nomads, and maintained that they aren't messing around with it, but I wonder if it would make sense to actually boost it some, or reduce the difficulty?

My army's been growing constantly, and I still can't seem to hit 95% of L8s-- which I used to be able to do easily, so I'm not sure how that's possible. If any devs are are reading this, I would strongly recommend some actual improvements to the high-level nomads- it's reaching the point that it's virtually impossible to advance, because I need scorpion kings to start effectively hitting nomads again, but I've literally been working on the last couple levels of mineralogy for actual months. I'm almost there now, I have most of what I need for L30, but quite frankly I expect many people will just stop playing when they find that all that's left to the game at this point is weeks or months of hoping to find one or two decent nomads every couple of days so they can keep crawling towards the last little shreds of actual new content in the late game.

Quite frankly, as the game is currently designed, it doesn't feel like you guys want people to keep playing long-term on a server, because there's effectively no late-game content, and the little bit there is takes absolute ages to get. I imagine the business model might just be to encourage players to move on to new servers when they open up in order to spend more money trying to come out on top on the new server, which is... fine, I guess, but for those of us who are interested in actually playing long-term, it's quite a turn-off.

Actually u re the dumb one and u cant read either. I never said bg is in ur tribe.. just that its an alt of one of u. So tell me. U were hitting lvl 5 nonads for weeks. how u managed to gather the pap to get ur esp from lvl 38 to 42 in a few days? I was hitting lvl 7 at that time and took me 3 days for each lvl. God helped u? Nah ur alts did. gtfoh u cheating dumbo :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D. now write another essay to justify urself

lol nope, not alts, my tribe helped me out. Funny how that tends to work; when you refrain from being an asshole to everyone, they're often willing to help you out with things. (Also, I wasn't even hitting L5s at that time, nor is there any way you could've known which nomads I was hitting? Quit your BS speculating, give me a break- you're not even good at it.)

Venom, you do realize that you're making yourself look even dumber right now, right? Anyone of intelligence could tell that:

1. Quickbeam's post was countering where you said that Battle Goose was in our tribe. Quickbeam points out that that's not even the case, and you move the goalposts to say SHE's dumb, and that obviously a feeder account doesn't have to be in the same tribe. Sorry Venom, you're the dumb one- she was literally just pointing out that what you said was wrong. And you decided that meant she was dumb. No, you just have an inability to cope with reality,

2. Battle Goose was engaging in a little thing called humor. The change in demeanor was very obviously intended as a joke, like they were pretending to try to mask their identity... and the fact that you genuinely thought that they were serious only reflects on your own intelligence, not theirs.

You say I could never manage a single account on my own, but without any evidence- and despite the fact that I literally do. I'm tired of your bullshit and nonsense. I won't be responding to this thread any further. Have fun continuing your harassment. Hopefully the developers will finally get a clue and see that you need to be blocked from this game so that you stop harassing everyone who's just trying to play a game they enjoy.

I've got better things to do than waste time arguing with a sad, paranoid woman who clearly needs psychiatric help and enjoys harassing anyone who disagrees with her or stands up to her bullying.

Once again, findingemo is a friend, not an alt. If she chooses to weigh in on this exchange, she's acting independently of me. I'd love to hear any evidence as to why on earth you think all those people are my alts, though... aside from your paranoia.

You're right, you didn't know about it until I told you, but you sure had a weird obsession with speculating on it.

I'm the one with a filthy mouth who needs it washed out with soap? Self-reflection is the hallmark of a wise person, Venom... but then again, we've known you're a fool for ages, we didn't need you to prove it yet again. I'd urge you to look back over your posts and mine, and then reconsider who needs their mouth washed out. Hint: it's not me.

In case you weren't paying attention, here are a few things I just mentioned, since you apparently either can't read or choose not to.

1. I'm not gay, I'm bisexual. Aside from the fact that you're continuing to make incorrect claims about my sexual orientation after I've corrected you, I find your automatic assumption that I can't find anyone to be highly amusing. If I wanted a partner right now, I'd look for one, but at the moment I don't need one- I have a wide social network and several close and loved friends, and while I'm open to finding a partner I'm perfectly happy with my situation as it is right now. Your obsession with my love life is... interesting, to say the least.

2. I literally just explained who each of those players are in relation to me. They're not my alts, and if they were, then maybe your spam-reporting on me would have actually turned up something. The fact that you've repeatedly reported me for alts, and absolutely nothing has happened, should pretty clearly demonstrate that I do not, in fact, have alts.

3. Finally, like I said, I wasn't on "standby"- a friend literally PMed me telling me to come check this out because it was funny that you'd showed up again to resume making a fool of yourself. I haven't been checking this forum. You, on the other hand, keep going off with entire strings of posts harassing both me and others. You really ought to stop telling US that we're obsessed....

Wow reading everything in here was really entertaining and proof that u ppl really dont have lives. There are so many important things than this f*ing game. U all just seem so little to me. I dont give 2 fux about any of u , ur opinions and the game. And sirius i always knew u were a cunt with a lack of a d in ur life. get some girl it will take some of ur mind clouds off. U really put ur lil miserable life in the tens of games u play. So pathetic. I d say to get |Fergus but he is gay from all the shit he wrote lol. Also battle goose, dont know who u are exactly but i m 1000% sure u re in dahshur , same tribe as them. Would not be surprised if u re fergus himself. Oh. also fergus i know sinnatar is ur alt.. u did ask me before. As finding emo anmd collin are too.. Not that it is important just for the fun of it. Omg u ppl spend all of ur day in here. get a FUCKEN life

You say you don't care about any of this and that we have too much time on our hands, and yet I come here (at the advice of my tribemates, I haven't even been checking this thread recently) and find eight posts from you. Hypocrisy much?

As for alts, you're just wrong, and to be quite frank I'm not sure where you got those ideas from. Battle Goose isn't even in BDB, and I've interacted with them a bit in world chat and this forum but I don't know them directly. Sinnatar is in my tribe, but I don't know her well- the only frequent interaction we have is that she usually has a few reserve troops hosted in my city. Colin is also in my tribe, but once again not the same person as me. We talk in tribe chat sometimes, but there's absolutely zero ingame interactions we have that would give any reason for you to believe that he's my alt. I'm not sure what evidence you even think you're going by here, so I don't know if this will be at all convincing since you've clearly just made up a metric crap ton of nonsense, but note that our writing/speaking styles are pretty different. As for findingemo, she's a friend of mine, but not an alt. We talk a lot in PMs and tribe chat, and help each other out at times, but once again, not an alt and I'm not sure where you got the idea that she is.

The obsession with my sexuality is... interesting, especially since I have no idea where you'd come to the conclusion that I'm gay based solely on my writing? I'm perfectly happy to let you know that I'm bisexual, so you don't need to speculate any more- now you know!

If the devs are going to remove anyone, it ought to be you. You're the one coming in here with barely-readable, profanity riddled rants harassing and insulting other players.

Wow, I'd stopped paying attention to this thread, but missed the part where Disgusted claimed I attacked Venom 22 times. It was the other way around- she attacked me 22 times in one night. Kind of impressive, honestly- Disgusted is lying out of bodily orifices I didn't know existed at this point.

Yeah it's entirely possible that I'm just on a weirdly long bad luck streak, just thought I'd check to see if others were noticing anything too like it could be some kind of trend that they were altering the nomad loot distributions or something.

Is it just me, or have nomads been really bad for an oddly long period of time? (I'm on Dahshur, hitting 7s and 6s). There's always some up and down, with usually a couple good days each week, and mediocre most of the rest of the time, but I haven't had a single good nomad day in two weeks (which is not fun when you're trying to save up for mummification 24... it's ludicrously expensive when you can't get decent nomad hauls). Am I just having terrible luck, or is this happening to others too? It just seems too consistently bad to be normal haha.

What you all miss is that in multy accounts only the secondary are banned not the main, meaning that the account that was benefit from the alts is still there. So if these cities are out of vacations the same player can still benefit? you see now wny it makes sense?

It only benefits the original player in the sense that they can hit them one last time to loot whatever was there- and only if somebody else doesn't get there first.

As it currently stands, the Zodiac of Dendera isn't very well-made. The blessings, Neith Priestesses, and some of the buffs are excellent no matter what level you are, but the resources and other troops are an absolute joke unless you're only a few days in on the server. My suggestion would be to make the troops/rss scale by your score, so that higher-power players can still get an actual benefit. Having a score in the millions and getting 2k papyrus from a "medium papyrus pack" is just an absolute waste, considering that you're usually going to have hundreds of thousands- if not, as is more likely, millions- of papyrus sitting around. Same goes for troops- when you have an army of tens of thousands of medjays, 30 hyksos is depressingly little.

I have two suggestions for how this could be accomplished, for both troops and resources.

One would be to make the resources correspond to your score, with essentially the score being converted to some kind of modifier that the base resources from the pack would be multiplied by. Under this system, just to make up some numbers, let's start with the base 2k papyrus from the medium pack, from when you have 2,400 points as you've just started the game within the last day or two and are just reaching the threshold of full participation in the server, where it stops holding your hand. If, say, you had 24,000 points, that would be converted into a modifier that would multiply the papyrus- so maybe you'd get 4k, or 6k instead. (I'll leave any more precise math up to the devs, since they're the ones who have a better idea of how the progression curve is supposed to go and how much increase to rss would be appropriate). 2k papyrus on Naucratis (where I'm at 2,100 points) seems to be about equivalent to a couple million papyrus on Dahshur (where I'm at 2.8 million points).

The other option for resources would be to instead make it correspond to your relevant production building for that resource- perhaps the "small" pack is equal to 1 or 4 hours of production, while the "medium" pack is equal to 4 or 8 hours? (also, does a "large" pack exist anywhere? If not, it might make more sense to just make it the small and large packs, since the "medium" pack implies the existence of something larger, which to the best of my knowledge isn't the case). Of course this could be tweaked if needed, that was just a baseline idea I had that would help it scale better and keep it somewhat in line with the resources you'd be producing otherwise.

For troops, my first idea is just to make it give more troops. You'd need to be careful with this one, since a lot of people aren't going to be particularly interested in a glut of low-level troops, but it could be managed. Getting a few thousand wabau/sesh would actually have some benefit at higher levels, as would a few thousand hyksos.

The idea I think would be better, though, would be to fundamentally rework it, creating a scaling system where the types of troops, as well as their number, go up based on either your score or what you can recruit. In this system, you might get something where a player with 200,000 points can get anything from a "small khopesh pack" of 50 khopesh, to a "large Ra pack" of 20 Ra Warriors.- or anything in between, like a pack with 50 or 100 medjays in it. With this system, you could ensure that there will still be benefits no matter how high-level a player is, and also keep the types of troops scaling up to be in line with what the player actually uses.

Overall, I think it just makes a lot of sense to make the wheel more usable- as it is, players with more than a couple hundred thousand points have zero incentive to spin it for anything other than Neith (or the occasional good blessing), and it seems that it would make sense to incentivize it more. From a game design perspective, where I know you guys are running a business, it could actually help people spend more- lapis is perhaps the most limited resource in the game, and encouraging people to use it more could cause people to buy some of it, thus bringing in more revenue for you! ;)

I agree with this wholeheartedly. The only reason I can think of to give them permanent attack protection is so they can't come back under a new account and loot themselves and regain rss/Neith/high priests.... but any server in which they could build back up enough to do anything worthwhile before somebody else gets to it is probably too dead to be worth playing on any more anyways.

Overall they're just cluttering the map and a bit of an eyesore.

Thank you findingemo for bringing up such an important research. What level do you recommend it to be?

Honestly depends on your playstyle, your tribe, and the level of play you're at- though PapyrusReaper is definitely right that higher is always better haha.

If you're a fairly combat-oriented player, good espionage is a must, because you need to be able to out-scout your opponents (and avoid getting hit in revenge!) That's an important one for me, since I do a lot of attacking. If you're a more peaceful player, then you won't need it for attacking, but it's still really helpful for defense- people won't attack you if they can't spy you.

If you're in a tribe that has a really powerful player (strong enough that there's just about zero fear of them being attacked on your server) then you don't have to worry about it quite as much if you're close enough to them that you can send your troops there when you're offline. It's still important for attacking,t hough.

Finally, it depends on the stage of the game you're at. If you've got a couple million points, somewhere around 40 will serve you well. If, on the other hand, you're at 300k, low 30s should be sufficient. In the early game (up until you start reaching the low-mid 30s for esp) you should be levelling it up every chance you get. Later, the price starts increasing WAY more steeply, so you'll need to be a bit more sparing with it (largely because most of the time, you just won't have the resources). I'd say it starts levelling off some in the upper 30s and lower 40s, where the cost just goes up so fast that most players take much longer to get it beyond that point.

you are the one not making sense not me. Robyn was crying for weeks just because she got hit one time . Isnt she in your tribe? Fergus is crying for months that he s bulying everyone for self defense, if you see above he admits himself he "said it so many times to multiple messages" Isnt he in your tribe? You have all your cities filled with anubis and scorpions knowing that no one from Crazy cant hit you. But they are bullying you? how throwing tomatos at you? and you still talking. Just zip it you look like fools.

To be clear, I wasn't the one complaining in those situations. Your tribemates were the ones whining and fuming that I'd hit them. I've just explained the fact that it's because of Venom and her constant harassment of me, and that it's nothing to do with them. You and Venom are the same- you think you're so much smarter than you are, and you're pretty bad at trying to twist the narrative.

So Venom told me that you spy me every single day and wipe my troops out for so many times, Venom also told all the other players you drove off that you wiped them out and they have to leave the server, also venom edited hundrends of spy and attack reports from you to make you look the bad guy. You are the worst kind of humans. Liar and delusional. IF Venom cursed you out i m sure it was because you sent her a message as you always do. Also, the reason you were hitting crazy members was because of venom, now that she s gone you will continue to do so. You are a phsychopath and venom was right in everything especially one: that you really dont have a real life and you have to put all yout wickeness in a game. You are the vendictive one in that server , no one else. I hope you get help for your disturbed mind. Coz the fact of the matter is that you are not well on you mind.

Actually, you're wrong about me. If it proves true that Venom has left, I have no quarrels with the rest of CRAZY. I've said this many times: my issue is with Venom, and by extension with those who are allied with her. If Venom really does quit, then I won't need to treat CRAZY members as perpetual enemies. It doesn't mean I'll never hit them, but it does mean that I won't specifically target them. Perhaps you even remember times that I've told people who messaged me angrily after an attack that I don't have anything against them, only target them because of their affiliation with Venom, and will only continue to do so because of their affiliation with Venom. A CRAZY tribe without Venom will face no issues from me, beyond those that any normal player would have.

Venom is actually wrong about just about everything here. I do have a life- I have a part-time job that I love, I'm a university student who's involved in student government, and I have plenty of friends who I love deeply. The issue isn't with me, it's with the fact that Venom is a delusional maniac who thinks she knows everything and assumes things so ludicrous that all of us who are smart enough not to be taken in by her bluster laugh at her constantly. She is the one who has forced me to behave aggressively against CRAZY, and I hope she really does leave, because that will mean that I can finally leave the other players in that tribe alone without worrying about my smaller allies and friends. For real- take a look around these forums. See how almost everyone here despises Venom and holds her in contempt. Here's a little hint about life: if everyone says one person is a manipulative asshole, and you love her, then there's a very real chance you've just been taken in by the manipulative asshole.

I find it funny how you all like to play the righteous people in the forum where others can see what you write. While the truth is you are far from it. Fergus, i got sick of your lies. You are the most agressive and nasty person in Dahshur. You wiped my city at least 6 times since I started playing the game. You spy and attack my mates daily and not only them, for months. There are players out of my tribe having their cities named after your stupidity. We are the ones trying to defend ourselves from you daily and we re sick of it. You say you play the game but you curse Venom when was doing the same. She was trying to protect all of us from you, even giving up on her account trying to make us stronger. Yes she is kind and helpful in ways you could never relate, you saw her bad side coz thats what you deserved. And yes Sirius, she was an expert to the game. there was not an issue she could not find a solution to. As per the attack I was not reffering in the game, since I dont think she even saw it. I was talking in here, talking about a person that cant answer back anymore. You all should be ashamed. Venom was the best leader we could have and for me personally the reason i played the game after a certain point. I dont think she will return to the game. Why would you feel you have to protect yourself Fergus since you all have scoprions and anubis from another player protecting your cities? You alone are the reason so many players left the game and will continue to leave.

Look, I'm perfectly aware that Venom has always told you that I'm the aggressor. The fact of the matter is that she's lying. I know you trust her, I know that you won't listen to this, but she is and always has been the one who's been actively and expressly trying to run me off the server, and frequently having tribemates help her to do so. I've made clear for a very long time that yes, I will hit any CRAZY member I can, because I know that CRAZY will hit me and my friends if I don't keep them from doing so. I'm very tired of repeating this.

(Not that it's relevant, but as for the attack in game, she did see it, and sent a message cursing me out for it. As is her normal way of operating.)

I have to confess that I chuckled at your description of Venom as "helpful and kind" considering that she has spent months harassing me and engaging in frequent verbal abuse and insults. If she's such a lovely person, then she has serious anger issues that she needs to get under control, because stable, good people don't fly off the chain spewing profanities and insults at people for no good reason.

That being said, I'm the one being referred to as trying to attack her, and I'm happy to explain myself for that. First, I led a joint assault with several other players two days ago, in which we destroyed Venom's army, as well as those of two allies she had in her city. After that, Venom sent me a PM telling me her father had just died, to which I responded with sincere condolences. To be clear, I strongly dislike Venom as a person- she's been nothing but nasty to me or my friends (including Sirius, who she recently betrayed when they had a pact of non-aggression, as well as MotherRose who was in the same situation), but I don't wish the death of a loved one on anyone, and my sympathy really does go out to her.

That being said, however, it's a long-established fact that Venom has been trying to run me (and some of my friends) off of the server for months, and has not once shown any courtesy or restraint in doing so. In continuing to monitor Venom's cities and kill troops that I find there, I am acting in self-defense, because I'm fully aware that if she returns and rebuilds her army, she will be out for revenge. It has nothing to do with the death of her father- which again, I'm sincerely sorry to hear about, and I wish nothing but peace for her and her family. That being said, I have zero confidence that, should something similar happen to me, Venom would show any leniency or kindness in refraining from attacking me, and thus I feel no obligation to afford her that which she would not afford me.

In the end, if she's left the game, then it won't matter if I continue to monitor her cities to ensure that she's not rebuilding. If she does come back, I would be putting myself at risk if I were to neglect to monitor her cities. Venom is the one who made this into total war and decided to create a hostile and antagonistic relationship, and she shouldn't be surprised when that means that I don't afford her the same courtesies I would to a respected adversary.