I recognize that the Devs have limited resources available to add new game features, so my suggestions here are for features / options that will increase revenue from the game for them. These will mostly be new options in the Store that can be purchased for gems. They are designed to provide options to higher end players to continue expanding beyond the upgrade ceilings that they hit, by spending some money.
The 1:5 rule should continue to provide protection for lower end players. Competition may increase among higher end players because they can expand / upgrade beyond the limits that exist today.
So, here goes, for what it's worth. These should not require significant development time. At this point, I believe our best options for feature enhancements to the game are those that can be tied to revenue enhancement for the company.
- Create new purchase options in the Store to fill up the warehouse for the current city, or fill up the warehouses in all of a player's cities. These would be patterned after the fill up wheat (Geb) and fill up population (Anah) purchase options that currently exist. Suggested price would be 500 gems for the current city and 1200 gems for all cities. This could have the side effect of increasing Urraeus option (expand warehouse capacity) purchases.
- Add an advantage to the Nitocris blessing to have a queue for each construction / research / recruitment type instead of having the main categories (construction, research, recruitment) in their own queues. This would allow players to continue upgrading other buildings when a long wait time construction upgrade (like Warehouse) is in progress. When you get to the high end, it can take weeks for some of the construction upgrades. This would result in more sales of Nitocris, which I don't think get's bought as much as the others, and might even justify a price increase in that particular blessing. This would mean, for instance, that instead of having one queue for construction, you would have a queue for each building type.
- Add a purchase option to enable the player to convert wheat to other resources in the market. This would be a bonus that could be purchased for 7 days. Suggested price would match the 7 day resource production increase options currently available (Desher, Khenet, etc.) at 300 gems. It would be effective for all of a player's cities.
- Consider adding a $200 purchase category for gems at an additional discount. Increase discount for Happy Hour sales. Make it attractive for a higher end player to spend that much in one shot. If players take advantage of the new Shop options listed, they'll need to buy more gems each month.
- Consider creating 7 day and/or 30 day VIP passes that combine some of the above and other benefits at a discount.
Please feel free to add any additional purchase options that you think might be of interest to players who are willing to pay.
Your thoughts and constructive criticisms are also welcome. I'll be interested to see if this particular carrot attracts any attention.