Tribes need to think about the bigger picture

• Hello friends, it's your local battle goose here.

Today's topic is
    Tribes: wry they lack common sense?

I've been seeing more disgruntled players lately, throwing their hands up and quitting a server or the game entirely. The reason being is that certain tribes are raiding players into the ground - beyond raiding for resources, but raiding to ensure players cannot build up their city or have an army. Now obviously this makes sense in real life where you would want to ensure your enemies can never be a risk to your citizens - but this is a game, wherein there are no real lives at risk, and wherein people can decide it's too annoying to bother trying anymore. If the game is not fun then people will leave, and if you are literally not allowed to plan then it's no fun. Raiding the same person daily, sending attackers every few hours is a surefire way to make people leave. When tribes are raiding players who have no RSS to loot it becomes quite obvious the purpose is to wipe out any troops.
    No troops means you can't do anything even mildly interesting - besides no raiding players back, it means you can't even loot nomads to try to build your city. These players end up falling significantly behind, and thus end up quitting out of frustration. When raiding ask yourself - am I raiding the same person to a point that is still reasonable? or am I raiding to be an arsehole?

This game already has serious issues with a lack of players, we don't need to actively drive any more away.
    What's the point in being number 1 if there is no one else playing?

Obviously I can't tell people what to do, but I do highly suggest everyone think about the way they are playing and if it is conductive to the game or whether it is hurting the game as a whole.

• Excellent points BG. I think there are a number of factors at work here. You have lazy leadership. They are only concerned with getting to the top rather than helping out there lower level members grow. We are also dealing with tribes made up of members that normally can not amount to much. They are take the easy way out. I can see stealing rss, if that is your thing. But this vicious game play is new. I have been playing a long time and never have I seen players who are so vindictive. It is a server killer. The more intelligent members temper attacks with growth. I guess some people forget this is a game.

Here in the quiet valley, you will escape the heat of the dog star.

• We had that same problem on the Giza server when it started. There were a couple of tribes who tried the bully tactic and succeeded at first, but soon a few of us joined a rival tribe and, due to working together, we slowly destroyed the big bad bully tribes. Now, unfortunately, there are less than 100 active players on Giza and the majority of those players are just farming. Our server was not included in the only merger but the loud-mouthed bullies are all gone or are in permanent hiding. LOL

• I disagree with the complaints here. What is happening is this: *you* and *your tribe* are unable to provide protection for *your* small players. Sounds to me like your tribe members should all jump ship to the tribe you describe as a "bully".

• There are basically two types of players on Anocris. The warriors and the farmers. The warriors play competitively and the farmers just take up space. Many of the farmers join a tribe for its protection and do nothing to help the other players. My last tribe was made up of mostly farmers who the founder allowed to stay even though most of them never communicated or ever helped in an attack. People need to find out who is really in the game to help and put together a tribe of only those players.

• Hello, it's very sad when a tribe becomes super aggressive and even after they manage to occupy the first place on the server podium

and see that the leaders of the other tribe have abandoned the game and their companions, continue attacking the weakened tribe,

to the point of plant villages next to all the players who insisted on continuing to play. They simply killed our troops

and don't give us a chance to remake the troops and evolve. We couldn't attack nomads or gather our own resources to try to evolve...

That made many people go into consecutive vacation mode, in an attempt to one day be able to return to play... and others left. But,

it's no use, we've tried a truce and it wasn't possible, They simply say: Let's reset you!!!! If we go back for a few hours,

we are constantly attacked by the village planted next door in seconds... these villages planted with care not to evolve to the point of not being able to attack the target players,

this is the height of stupidity, neither play nor let them play, they must be second bills.

What is the meaning of this attitude?????? Is this a war game? yes, but without opposing tribes to the height, you will fight against who ??????????????????

Meanwhile one more server dies!!!! Very sad this!!

Meidum Server

our tribe: Fast and Furious

• You must remember that the point of this game to the developers is how much money can we squeeze out of each player before they decide to quit. Being in vacation mode does not allow a player to grow so the developers added the AP mode so a player can be protected while still being able to grow troops and build. The catch is that AP mode will cost you and there the developers get the money from players who want to continue but don't want to get continually attacked. There are many digs like that in this game to get players to spend money. Slowly decreasing resources in nomad camps. Rigged nomad camps. Extra raids, etc.

• May I ask what server. You can send it to me privately. We seem to have the same problem all of a sudden on Naucratis. There is a tribe of misfits that formed there after Dahshur. Now they are trying tactics that are more suited to actual war games. This game does not have affordable deterrents. I play two Android war games one for seven years, and there you receive a lot of free items that offer protection.
    So you can do a lot of what these noobs are doing in a game like that and not kill the server. Anyway, we have devised a plan and I will let you know how it works.

• There are basically two types of players on Anocris. The warriors and the farmers. The warriors play competitively and the farmers just take up space. Many of the farmers join a tribe for its protection and do nothing to help the other players. My last tribe was made up of mostly farmers who the founder allowed to stay even though most of them never communicated or ever helped in an attack. People need to find out who is really in the game to help and put together a tribe of only those players.

While I tend to agree with much you post, I have to disagree. When talking to new players I try to find out the style of game they are playing, offensive or defensive. Then I advise them accordingly. Many are not here to initiate attacks, though they will if needed. Many enjoy frustrating the more aggressive players. I myself laugh my arse off when certain people keep trying to catch me. So much fun imagining their blood pressure going up ;)

• Why bother playing a game based on war if you are not going to attack? This is a game of strategy. Knowing when to walk your troops and planning a good route of communication with your tribe members is essential to advancing and building a strong tribe. Attacking not only keeps the other tribes from getting too large but can also bring in some great resources. With so many games on the internet, it makes no sense to me to play a war game if attacking others is not on one's agenda. I love a good challenge and players who constantly run only make finally getting them that much sweeter. :D:D:D:D:D

• Why bother playing a game based on war if you are not going to attack? This is a game of strategy. Knowing when to walk your troops and planning a good route of communication with your tribe members is essential to advancing and building a strong tribe. Attacking not only keeps the other tribes from getting too large but can also bring in some great resources. With so many games on the internet, it makes no sense to me to play a war game if attacking others is not on one's agenda. I love a good challenge and players who constantly run only make finally getting them that much sweeter. :D:D:D:D:D

It may categorically be a war game, but it is a limited one. There are not many strategies to this game. It is a simplistic version of the actual war games played on android. By avoiding an attack you are employing one of those strategies. It's a limited venue. I have played one for 7 years and not only do I have a plethora of options, I have a ton of different troops, weapons, dragons not to mention quick return, actual speed up, ports galore and shields. Until you play a game like that this is really not much of a war game. But it provides a lot of people a form social interaction and an introduction to military styled games, albeit limited.

• I disagree with the complaints here. What is happening is this: *you* and *your tribe* are unable to provide protection for *your* small players. Sounds to me like your tribe members should all jump ship to the tribe you describe as a "bully".

You have completely missed the point, mate. This is not a 'me' problem, or a 'my tribe' problem. This is all tribes on the server, and different players from different tribes announcing they are quitting and why in chat.

Again, there is nothing wrong with raiding players and general raiding is not what we are talking about. We are talking about players specifically setting up next to and raiding players hourly, not to collect resources but purely to kill off any chance of troop recruitment. There comes a point where raiding doesn't look like playing a game but looks like being spiteful.
    There are already not enough players, and server chat is dead quiet most of the time.

Ultimately people can do what they want, but what's the goal here? to play by yourselves?

• You have completely missed the point, mate. This is not a 'me' problem, or a 'my tribe' problem. This is all tribes on the server, and different players from different tribes announcing they are quitting and why in chat.

Again, there is nothing wrong with raiding players and general raiding is not what we are talking about. We are talking about players specifically setting up next to and raiding players hourly, not to collect resources but purely to kill off any chance of troop recruitment. There comes a point where raiding doesn't look like playing a game but looks like being spiteful.
    There are already not enough players, and server chat is dead quiet most of the time.

Ultimately people can do what they want, but what's the goal here? to play by yourselves?

You nailed it. I passed over that post. Obviously he has a limited mentality. He is coming at it from the tribe that is probably at the crux of it. I made sure to copy and paste to all the people from tribes who are complaining to us about them their info from another server to show them who they are dealing with. When you are constantly on the losing end you become a desperate player. I personally get a good laugh from it. But you hit it. It is so nice when intelligent people respond in kind.

• It is also the problem when you have a wide range of ages playing. There is a big difference between playing with adults, teenagers or younger and older people. Most of the crap BG is referring to comes from teenagers that think it is fun to smash and destroy, they have no intention of playing the game, they are just there to wreck havoc. Their attention spans only go so far as the immediate distraction, and destruction they can do, then walk away after they get bored, leave the game and allow their cities to turn to dust. They never intended to stick around.

I see this constantly in WC, comments that they are in between classes, or just home from school, bragging and thumping their chests for the world to see.

• May I ask what server. You can send it to me privately. We seem to have the same problem all of a sudden on Naucratis. There is a tribe of misfits that formed there after Dahshur. Now they are trying tactics that are more suited to actual war games. This game does not have affordable deterrents. I play two Android war games one for seven years, and there you receive a lot of free items that offer protection.
    So you can do a lot of what these noobs are doing in a game like that and not kill the server. Anyway, we have devised a plan and I will let you know how it works.

Hello Sirius, the server is Meidum, it's already a ghost server, now only some who don't belong to the exterminator guild play. As I said before, villages were built alongside all our players, it only takes a few seconds to attack us and twice, three times a day and even more times. What's the point of playing only with members of your own guild??? not a war game ???? I keep coming to the game, but now I'm a farmer lol and I have a good laugh with the opponent's spies and attacks, now that he only kills Bedouins and camels lol....

Server: MEIDUM

My guild: Fast and Furious